- Award Date:
- For general support.
Good Ventures awarded a grant of $2,500,000 to GiveDirectly for general operating support in January 2017, in recognition of the organization's earning a "top charity" ranking from GiveWell in 2016.
GiveWell recommends charities that (1) focus on programs with a strong track record and excellent cost-effectiveness, (2) can use additional funding to expand their core programs and (3) are exceptionally transparent. Our grants to GiveWell-recommended charities are intended to help these outstanding organizations scale their programs and to signal the importance of qualities like cost-effectiveness and transparency to other charities and donors. Read GiveWell’s review of GiveDirectly to learn more about the charity's activities and follow its progress.
- GiveWell Review of GiveDirectly
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveDirectly — January 2016
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveDirectly — June 2015
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveDirectly — December 2014
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveDirectly — January 2014
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveDirectly — December 2012
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveDirectly — May 2012
- GiveWell's Updated Top Charities for Giving Season 2016
- GiveDirectly Website