- American Civil Liberties Union Foundation of Oregon
- Award Date:
- To support prosecutor accountability.
The Open Philanthropy Project awarded a grant of $145,000 to the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation of Oregon (ACLU of Oregon) to support its work on prosecutorial accountability. This grant falls within Open Philanthropy's work on criminal justice reform.
The ACLU of Oregon is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organizations with a mission to uphold the rights and liberties of people in Oregon, and is Oregon's affiliate of the larger, national ACLU. It plans to use this grant to pursue some or all of the following activities:
- Designing and implementing a “report card” on district attorney (DA) policies, practices, and positions, to be completed for each elected DA
- Polling and message testing
- Supporting base-building in three of Oregon’s largest counties
- Building a website that provides key information to the press, the public, and advocates about the role of DAs and prosecutorial accountability issues