- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Award Date:
- To support the Full Employment Project.
The Open Philanthropy Project awarded a grant of $425,000 to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) to support the Full Employment Project. CBPP is a nonprofit think tank that focuses on researching and analyzing the effects of government budget policies.
This grant is a renewal of a 2014 grant to CBPP, and falls within Open Philanthropy's work on macroeconomic stabilization policy. It is also one in a series of grants attempting to build up the capacity of progressive think tanks on macroeconomic policy issues Open Philanthropy sees as important.
This grant to CBPP will support its continued work on the Full Employment Project, including by undertaking a project commissioning outside macroeconomists to develop their own estimates of potential output of the U.S. economy, based on the possibility that the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate may be too low.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to CBPP — September 2014
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Macroeconomic Stabilization Policy
- CBPP Website
- (Update) Summary of a Conversation with Dr. Jared Bernstein (November 2016)
- (Update) Summary of a Conversation with Dr. Jared Bernstein (March 2017)
- (Update) Summary of a Conversation with Dr. Jared Bernstein (September 2017)