Open Philanthropy recommended a grant of $750,000 to Employ America for general support. Employ America makes the public and intellectual case for policies that support full employment and seeks to build a broad set of allies to further that goal. It produces research and analysis on the state of the labor market and current and potential macroeconomic policies and policymakers. Employ America was founded by Sam Bell, who has consulted for Open Philanthropy and its grantee Fed Up.
This follows Open Philanthropy's May 2021 support and represents an “exit grant” that will provide Employ America with approximately one year of operating support. It falls within Open Philanthropy's focus area of macroeconomic stabilization policy.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Employ America — May 2021
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Employ America — July 2020
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Employ America — October 2019
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Employ America — April 2019
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Macroeconomic Stabilization Policy
- Employ America Website