- Award Date:
- For general operating support.
Open Philanthropy recommended a grant of $2,245,570 to GiveWell for general operating support. GiveWell is a nonprofit dedicated to finding outstanding giving opportunities. We expect this grant to increase the availability of high-quality information and analysis about charities and giving opportunities, thereby increasing the impact of donors who use GiveWell’s research. Read more about Open Philanthropy’s relationship to GiveWell here.
This grant provides 18 months of general operating support, including retroactive funding for a portion of GiveWell’s 2019 operating costs.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to GiveWell — June 2018
- Open Philanthropy Grant to GiveWell — October 2017
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveWell — June 2016
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveWell — August 2015
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveWell — March 2014
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveWell — January 2013
- Good Ventures Grant to GiveWell — December 2011
- Relationship between Good Ventures, Open Philanthropy Project, and GiveWell
- GiveWell Website