Open Philanthropy recommended a grant of $1,860,000 to the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security to support the implementation of a Masters and PhD program. The program will focus on major biological and health security risks. This funding will support four PhD students for four years each and four masters students for one year each, as well as faculty time for advising students and a junior administrator.
This follows Open Philanthropy's September 2019 support and falls within its focus area of biosecurity and pandemic preparedness.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Johns Hopkins CHS — September 2019
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Johns Hopkins CHS — January 2017
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Johns Hopkins CHS — October 2016
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Biosecurity and Pandemic Preparedness
- Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security Website