Open Philanthropy recommended a grant of $7,000,045 over three years to the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) to support its biosecurity program. NTI is a nonprofit global security organization focused on reducing nuclear and biological threats imperiling humanity. This funding is intended to support NTI’s work to reduce Global Catastrophic Biological Risks, enhance biosecurity, and advance pandemic preparedness.
This follows Open Philanthropy’s October 2017 and November 2018 support and falls within its focus area of biosecurity and pandemic preparedness.
The grant amount was updated in August 2020 and January 2021.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to NTI — November 2018
- Open Philanthropy Grant to NTI — July 2018
- Open Philanthropy Grant to NTI — October 2017
- Open Philanthropy Grant to NTI — February 2017
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Biosecurity and Pandemic Preparedness
- Nuclear Threat Initiative Website