- University of Oxford
- Award Date:
- To support a new office for four effective altruism organizations.
Open Philanthropy recommended two grants totaling $776,271 to the University of Oxford and the Centre for Effective Altruism to support a new office CEA will share with the Forethought Foundation, the Future of Humanity Institute, and the Global Priorities Institute.
This follows previous grants to three of the organizations who will share the new office. While Open Philanthropy sees the basic pros and cons of this support similarly to what it has presented in past writeups on the matter, its ultimate grant figure was set by the aggregated judgments of the committee reviewing the grant proposal.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Centre for Effective Altruism — January 2020
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Future of Humanity Institute — July 2018
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Global Priorities Institute — February 2018
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Effective Altruism
- Committee for Effective Altruism Support
- University of Oxford Website