The Open Philanthropy Project awarded a grant of $50,000 to the Vera Institute of Justice to create a report on the state of safety and justice reform, which it hopes will function as a guide to help people outside the criminal justice reform movement (including new funders, allies, academics, and business leaders) to orient themselves to the field. It also plans to give 4-6 presentations in order to broaden the set of people engaged in criminal justice reform. This is a seed grant intended to help the Vera Institute of Justice raise the remaining funding it will need to create the report and fund launch events.
The Vera Institute of Justice is a nonprofit organization focused on research and policy in the area of criminal justice reform, a focus area of the Open Philanthropy Project.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Vera Institute of Justice — July 2016
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Vera Institute of Justice — June 2016
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Vera Institute of Justice — February 2016
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Criminal Justice Reform
- Vera Institute of Justice Website