Open Philanthropy recommended a grant of $750,000 over two years to the Washington Center for Equitable Growth to hire a director of macroeconomic policy and research staff. The Washington Center for Equitable Growth conducts and funds research on the effect of economic inequality on economic growth and stability in the United States. It recently partnered with the Hamilton Project to publish the book Recession Ready: Fiscal Policies to Stabilize the American Economy, which proposes policies for preparing for and mitigating the long-term effects of the next economic recession.
This follows Open Philanthropy’s October 2018 support and falls within its focus area of macroeconomic stabilization policy.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to the Washington Center for Equitable Growth — October 2018
- Open Philanthropy Grant to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities — May 2018
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Macroeconomic Stabilization Policy
- Washington Center for Equitable Growth Website
- Hamilton Project Website