- Community Justice Exchange
- Award Date:
- To support technical assistance and campaign support for criminal justice reform organizations.
The Open Philanthropy Project recommended a grant of $900,000 over two years to the Community Justice Exchange (CJE) via the Tides Foundation to support technical assistance and campaign support for criminal justice reform organizations. CJE plans to use these funds to continue its coaching to support campaigns around participatory defense, bail funds, prosecutor accountability, and pretrial risk assessment tools, to expand its cohort of court-watching groups and bail funds, and to develop and deliver training materials on various tactics.
This follows Open Philanthropy's September 2018 support and falls within its focus area of criminal justice reform.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to CJE — September 2018
- Open Philanthropy Grant to BCBF — January 2018
- Open Philanthropy Grant to BCBF — October 2017
- Open Philanthropy Grant to BCBF — September 2016
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Criminal Justice Reform
- Community Justice Exchange Website