Good Ventures awarded a grant of $170,792 to Evidence Action to support its seasonal income support project. This grant is part of Good Ventures' support of GiveWell's attempt to seed new GiveWell top charities. Seasonal migration from rural to urban areas in developing countries may carry large benefits for the migrants and their families under certain circumstances. This grant supports Evidence Action's work to (a) continue evaluation of this program and (b) scale it further.
- GiveWell Shallow Investigation into Seasonal Migration
- GiveWell Summary of a Conversation with Mushfiq Mobarak (November 2012)
- GiveWell Summary of a Conversation with Alix Zwane and Mushfiq Mobarak (April 2014)
- GiveWell Summary of a Conversation with Alix Zwane and Mushfiq Mobarak (January 2015)
- (Update) GiveWell Grant Writeup
- Good Ventures Grant to Evidence Action — March 2014
- (Update) Summary of a Conversation with Evidence Action (October 2015)