The Open Philanthropy Project recommended a renewal grant of $1,100,000 to the Center for Popular Democracy (CPD) to support the “Fed Up” campaign. The campaign aims to encourage more accommodative monetary policies and greater transparency and public engagement in the governance of the Federal Reserve, and specifically in the selection of regional Federal Reserve Bank presidents and leaders. CPD expects to use this funding toward campaign expenses such as salaries, travel, sub-grants, and overhead.
Open Philanthropy has written in more detail about its rationale for supporting this campaign on its 2014, 2015, and 2016 grant pages. This grant falls within Open Philanthropy's work on macroeconomic stabilization policy.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Center for Popular Democracy — December 2015
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Center for Popular Democracy — January 2015
- Open Philanthropy Grant to Center for Popular Democracy — August 2014
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Macroeconomic Stabilization Policy
- Center for Popular Democracy Website