- World Animal Protection
- Award Date:
- To support work to improve conditions for broiler chickens.
The Open Philanthropy Project awarded a grant of $517,588 over two years to World Animal Protection to support its campaigns to improve the welfare of broiler chickens. This grant falls within Open Philanthropy's work on farm animal welfare.
World Animal Protection is an international nonprofit organization working on numerous campaigns in various areas within animal welfare, including animals in farming. It plans to use this grant to support the following activities:
- Producing and promoting campaign materials to raise awareness of broiler chicken suffering
- Developing and launching a corporate chicken welfare scorecard
- Building evidence of the suffering endured by broiler chickens in factory farming operations
- Staff time, creative development, and travel
- Indirect costs such as occupancy, technical support, and administrative support