Open Philanthropy recommended a grant of $1,400,000 over two years to the Community Justice Exchange (CJE), via the Tides Center, to support technical assistance, campaign support, and re-grants for criminal justice reform organizations. CJE intends to use this funding to continue to provide training, support, coordination, and strategic direction for grassroots organizations advocating for decarceration, to support its work on the National Bail Fund Network, and to provide re-grants to emerging leaders and organizations.
This follows Open Philanthropy's August 2019 support and falls within its focus area of criminal justice reform.
- Open Philanthropy Grant Page
- Open Philanthropy Grant to CJE — August 2019
- Open Philanthropy Grant to CJE — September 2018
- Open Philanthropy Grant to BCBF — January 2018
- Open Philanthropy Grant to BCBF — October 2017
- Open Philanthropy Grant to BCBF — September 2016
- Open Philanthropy Focus Area: Criminal Justice Reform
- Community Justice Exchange Website